- Born: 8 Nov 1801, Woodbury CT
- Marriage (1): Julia Fanny Strong on 27 Jan 1835
- Died: 16 May 1878, Woodbury CT
Events in his life were:
- Flynt & Fales:, . 3 Curtis and Gideon Bennett Botsford were one-time owners of the Glebe House on south side of Hollow Road, located near Botsford's silversmith shop. Across the street is the Jabez Bacon house where Curtis lived until his death and which continued in his family for 80 years.
- He worked in 1825-1840 as a silversmith in Woodbury CT where silver spoons, spectacles, thimbles and other silverware was made. Succeeded to Jabez Bacon's general merchandise business along with its buildings in 1834. Business consisted of supplying peddlers who covered New England, and adjacent areas. 3
- He was a partner in 1826-1831 with Lewis Burton Candee in Woodbury CT as CURTISS, CANDEE & Co. Despite changes in partnership, the firm continued under this name manufacturing wholesale goods before failing in late 1840. 3
- He was a partner in 1835-1840 with Benjamin Stiles in Woodbury CT as CURTIS & STILES 4
- Letter to E. & H. Frisby 14 Sep 1840
Woodbury Sept. 14, 1840
Mr Enos Frisby
We are oblidged to send Mr Finch away with out the Desert Spoons and the Thimbles, much against our wishes. We did not finish a Spoon— the task work on account of the Water and could get none finished today for you. We have given Mr. Finch an order for the Combs in N York, where he will probably find Mr. Curtis, who is now there. We regret that we are oblidged to disappoint you, but it must be so.
Very Respectfully Yours
Curtiss Candee & Co
P. S. Since writing the above they have come from the factory with twelve doz Desert which we send
C C & Co
Rec Woodbury July 15, 1839 from E & H Frisby twenty five dollars in species to apply on order of spoons etc
Curtiss Candee & Co
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Woodbury CT, listed as a farmer.
Daniel married Julia Fanny Strong on 27 Jan 1835. (Julia Fanny Strong was born in Feb 1812 in Woodbury CT and died on 26 Mar 1900.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005