- Born: 12 Dec 1786, Hingham MA
- Marriage (1): Judith Sherman in 1812 in Hingham MA
- Died: 4 Oct 1860, Hingham MA
Clock and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed about 1799 to John Bailey in Hingham MA
- He worked circa 1806-1860 as a clock and watchmaker in Hingham MA
Considered the most prolific and influential Hingham clockmaker. He is renowned for his exceptional grandfather clocks and diminutive dwarf shelf clocks.
- Watch paper, c 1810
American Antiquarian Society
- Tall case clock, c 1824-1830
h: 48 1/4"
photo courtesy of Gary R. Sullivan Antiques Inc.
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Hingham MA, listed as a watchmaker.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Hingham MA, listed as a watchmaker.
Joshua married Judith Sherman, daughter of Unknown and Unknown, in 1812 in Hingham MA. (Judith Sherman was born on 21 May 1792 in Sandwich MA.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005