- Born: 4 Apr 1777, Norwich CT
- Marriage (1): Anne Briggs on 2 Sep 1804 in Salem MA
- Died: 8 Nov 1819, Salem MA
Events in his life were:
- He worked circa 1795-1813 as a silversmith and watchmaker in Salem MA from his shop on Essex Street and from home on Washington Square. 3
- Master to Edward Putnam Abt 1803 in Salem MA.
- Advertised in the Springfield Republican Spy, 28 Jan 1806, a notice, signed by him with a Salem dateline, of a robbery in his store—"Watches and Gold Jewelry, to the amount of 3000 dollars taken therefrom ..." and that Salem inhabitants had " . . , by subscription generously increased the reward to One Thousand Dollars. . . ." Printers throughout the U. S. were requested to take notice. 3
- Tradecard, c 1810
Private Collection 20
- He was a partner in 1813-1817 with John Belknap Jones in Boston MA as BALDWIN & JONES, having purchased the business of John MacFarlane. Working at 59 Cornhill and later on Market Street. 3
- Receipt, 5 Sep 1818
- Water pitcher by BALDWIN & JONES
h: 9 1/2"
w: 9 1/2" (including handle)
wt: 26.70 oz.
Engraved on bottom "G.H. to Mary C. Shannon 1851" and "M. S. W. 1901"
- He was a partner circa 1817 with Thomas Baker in Salem MA as BALDWIN & BAKER 4
Jabez married Anne Briggs on 2 Sep 1804 in Salem MA. (Anne Briggs was born in 1784 in Salem MA.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005