- Born: 22 Sep 1754, Windham CT
- Marriage (1): Susanna Fay on 3 Jun 1779 in Bennington VT
- Died: 23 Mar 1803, Bennington VT
Events in his life were:
- Carlisle:, . 16 The first record found of Timothy Follet (as a gold- or silversmith) is an advertisement of Justin Bliss, cordwainer from Springfield MA, who advertised in 1784 that he carried on his business in all its branches at the shop of Timothy Follet, goldsmith, in Bennington. (Vermont Gazette or Freeman's Depository 9/20/1784).
In 1788, "I. Stanniford" (John Staniford) noted that he repaired watches and clocks at the shop of Timothy Follet in Bennington, and that his long acquaintance and practice in the business induced him to believe that the public would be satisfied with his work as well as with his price. (Vermont Gazette 10/6/1788).
- He was a partner on 22 May 1793-29 Jan 1795 with Benjamin Fassett in Bennington VT as FASSETT & FOLLETT. There is no indication that Fassett was more than a general merchant. 8
- Advertised in the Vermont Gazette, 3 Jul 1799, urged by pressing necessity, requested payment of all debts due him, as he pointed out that he had to make his remittances to New York. He offered to accept good house ashes and country produce in lieu of payment. 16
- Advertised in the Vermont Gazette, 9 Aug 1800, requesting payment of debts by the 25th of October, at which time he expected "to go to New York and will be under necessity for the whole of his demands." 16
- Advertised in the Vermont Gazette, 12 Dec 1801, asking for payment "to enable him to discharge his debts at New York." 16
- Advertised in the Vermont Gazette, 25 Dec 1802, again asking for payment "to enable him to discharge his debts at New York." 16
Timothy married Susanna Fay on 3 Jun 1779 in Bennington VT. (Susanna Fay was born on 4 Dec 1758 in Hardwick MA and died on 27 Jun 1837 in Burlington VT.)