Valentine Warner Skiff
- Born: 11 Jul 1818, Chilmark MA
- Marriage (1): Grace Ann Mason circa 1840
- Died: 17 Sep 1901, Williamsburg MA
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- He worked circa 1840-1848 as a silversmith, jeweler, watchmaker, and engraver in Springfield MA
- Map, 1846
State Library of Massachusetts
One of several plates engraved for the The Springfield Almanac, Directory, and Business Advertise.
- Advertised in the Springfield Almanac, Directory, and Business Advertiser (Springfield MA), 1847,
- He was a partner in 1848-1849 with Emery A. Whipple in Springfield MA as WHIPPLE & SKIFFE. 4
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Springfield MA, listed (as Warren Skiff) as a jeweler.
- Letter from James Martin Skiff, 4 Jun 1850
Burgy June 4 1850
I wish you to bring up two watches that I laid on the bench. Smith will tell you the ones. Tell Smith to send up to Winchell [Volney Winchell] those spoons that are marked for him.
J. M. Skiff
- He worked circa 1850-1865 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Savannah GA
Listed in the 1859 city directory at 129 Congress Street.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Savannah GA, listed as a jeweler.
- He worked in 1865-1875 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Northampton MA
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Williamsburg MA, listed as a gold jeweler.
- He worked circa 1875-1890 as a jeweler and watchmaker in Athens GA
Listed in the 1889 city directory at 233 East Broad Street.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Athens GA, listed as a watchmaker.
Valentine married Grace Ann Mason circa 1840. (Grace Ann Mason was born on 7 Feb 1819 in England and died on 29 Aug 1854 in Savannah GA.)