William Maynard Mayo
- Born: 8 Mar 1829, Devizes Wiltshire England
- Died: 20 Dec 1880, Jacksonville IL
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked in 1864-1867 as a silversmith and jeweler in Chicago IL 4
- He was a partner in 1867-1871 with John Browne Mayo in Chicago IL as W. M. & J. B. MAYO, with a shop at 130 State. 4
- He worked in 1871-1875 as a silversmith and jeweler in Chicago IL
May 4, 1875
William M. Mayo, a jeweler of this city, filed his voluntary petition yesterday to be declared a bankrupt. His liabilities, which are mostly to creditors holding securities, amount to $51,274.87. He has land worth $42,000, but incumbered [sic] by trust-deeds, a stock of goods valued at $35,351, fixtures worth $8,865, and $2,200 of accounts, besides $34,200 of insurance on his goods. Anson Sperry was appointed Provisional Assignee, with power to take possession and sell the goods in the usual course of business, for cash only.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Chicago IL, listed as a jeweler.