- Born: 15 Aug 1826, Aberdeen Scotland
- Marriage (1): Emily Hun Sexton
- Died: 21 Mar 1896, New York City NY
Jeweler and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed about 1840 to Alexander Martin in New York City NY
- He worked circa 1842-1844 as a watchmaker in New York City NY as a journeyman in the shop of jeweler Emmet T. Pell at 315 Hudson Street.
- He was a partner in 1844-1869 with John Moir in New York City NY as J. & W. MOIR, having bought Pell's shop at his retirement. 4
- Watch paper, c 1845
- Tradecard, c 1870
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at New York City NY, listed as a jeweler.
William married Emily Hun Sexton. (Emily Hun Sexton was born on 13 Jul 1831 and died on 23 Dec 1910.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005