Gordon Webster Burnham
- Born: 20 Mar 1803, Hampton CT
- Marriage (1): Maria Louisa Brownell on 28 May 1851 in Hartford CT
- Marriage (2): Ann Griswold on 19 Jun 1831
- Died: 18 Mar 1885, New York City NY
Events in his life were:
- Letterhead for BENEDICT & BURNHAM, 1879
- Notice: Lebanon Daily News, on 17 Mar 1885, in Lebanon PA.
A Dying Millionaire.
Waterbury, Ct., March 17. -- Gordon W. Burnham, the New York millionaire now so evidently near his death, came to Waterbury many years ago, and was one of the pioneers of the brass business in this country. He began life as a peddler, and through his indomitable perserverence [sic] he rapidly got to the front. His benefactions
have been many in this city as well as in New York and Hartford. He is worth several million dollars and is president of the Waterbury Watch Company, the Benedict and Burnham Company, the Waterbury Clock Company, the Holmes, Booth & Haydens, and the American Pin Company, and although not active as a manager, still his advice has alwasy been sound.
Gordon married Maria Louisa Brownell on 28 May 1851 in Hartford CT. (Maria Louisa Brownell was born on 15 Jun 1824 in Schenectady NY and died on 5 Oct 1883 in New York City NY.)
Gordon next married Ann Griswold on 19 Jun 1831. (Ann Griswold was born on 19 Dec 1813 and died on 14 Mar 1847 in New York City NY.)