Lemuel J. Swift
- Born: 10 Jan 1821, Hartford CT
- Marriage (1): Adaline Allerton on 28 Oct 1860
- Marriage (2): Harriet Tyler on 5 Apr 1842 in Hartford CT
Events in his life were:
- He was a partner in 1842-1846 with Joseph Williams in Hartford CT as SWIFT & WILLIAMS, dry and fancy goods merchants.
- He worked in 1846-1852 as a merchant in Oswego NY acting as the agent for Newell Matson.
- He was a partner in 1852-1855 with Charles Truman in Dansville NY as SWIFT & TRUMAN.
- He worked in 1856-1858 as a merchant in Painesville OH again as the agent of Newell Matson.
- He worked in 1859-1869 as a merchant in Chicago IL in the shop of James H. Hoes. When Hoes went into partnership with Newell Matson, Swift remained with the firm until early in 1869, when he took up the insurance business.
Lemuel married Adaline Allerton on 28 Oct 1860. (Adaline Allerton was born on 28 Sep 1821 in Cairo NY.)
Lemuel next married Harriet Tyler on 5 Apr 1842 in Hartford CT.
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005