Jonathan Perkins Hoyt
- Born: 1805, Ellsworth NH
- Died: 23 Jul 1873, Laurens SC
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- He worked in 1833-1839 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Waynesboro VA 43
- He worked circa 1845-1852 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Clarksville GA after August 1847, working in the Pheonix Hotel. 15
- Advertised in the The Aegis (Clarksville GA), 14 Oct 1847, announcing the removal of his shop to the Pheonix Hotel, where he did watch repairing and where gold and silver would be worked as usual. 15
- Advertised in the The Aegis (Clarksville GA), 5 Apr 1849, announcing "The Subscriber defies those who are trying to drive him away . . . The Business of my shop will continue. J. P. HOYT." 15
- He worked in 1852-1870 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Laurens SC 15
- Advertised in the The Laurensville Herald (Laurens SC), 1854, announcing that he remains at the Laurens Court House where he is ". . . prepared to execute repairing upon clocks, watches, and jewelry." He also states that he is trying to collect what is ". . . due him for work done in 1852 and '53.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Laurens SC, listed as a watchmaker.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Laurens SC, listed as a jeweler.