- Born: 1780
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth T. Burroughs on 25 Nov 1817 in Newton NJ
- Died: 15 Jun 1858, Haddonfield NJ
Events in his life were:
- He worked in 1801-1818 as a silversmith in Philadelphia PA at 33 North Third Street. 8
- Sugar bowl, c 1805
h: 6 1/4"
w: 9" (including handles)
Marked twice I & PT for John and Peter Tanguy.
- He was a partner in 1805-1809 with Peter Tanguy in Philadelphia PA as JOHN & PETER TANGUY. 4
- Bowl, c 1805
h: 4 3/4"
d: 6 5/8"
Made by Peter and John Tanguay.
- He was a partner in 1805 with Lewis Desquet in Philadelphia PA as DESQUET & TANGUY. 4
- Coffeepot, c 1805
h: 12 1/4"
wt: 47 oz
Marked by Peter & John Tanguy.
- He was a partner in 1806 with Joseh Repiton in Philadelphia PA as REPITON & TANGUY. 4
- He was a partner in 1811 with James Pointe in Philadelphia PA as POINTE & TANGUY. 4
- Presentation sword, c 1815-1817
Metropolitan Museum of Art
l: 37 1/4"
Presented by the State of New York posthumously to Brigadier General Daniel Davis (1777–1813) of the New York Militia, who died during the Battle of Erie on September 10, 1813.
- He was a partner in 1816-1818 with Clement E. Chevalier in Philadelphia PA as CHEVALIER & TANGUY. 4
- He worked in 1819-1858 as a farmer in Haddonfield NJ 4
John married Elizabeth T. Burroughs on 25 Nov 1817 in Newton NJ. (Elizabeth T. Burroughs was born on 4 Nov 1796 in West Chester PA.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005