- Born: 1740, New York City NY
- Marriage (1): Susannah Margretta Clem on 6 Nov 1767 in New York City NY
- Died: Jan 1800, Philadelphia PA
Events in his life were:
- He worked in 1760-1796 as a gold- and silversmith in New York City NY 4
- Sugar bowl, c 1765
Museum of the City of New York 28
wt: 7 3/4 oz
Engraved with Kip family crest and K over I + C for Jacobus and Catherina (Kip) Kip.
- Tankard, c 1765-1770
Metropolitan Museum of Art
h: 7 15/16"
d: 6 3/16" (of base)
wt: 48 oz, 2 dwt
Engraved on body BCT in a shield surrounded by bright-cut border of ribbon-tied drapery swags for Benjamin and Catherine Thurston.
- Advertised in the New York Mercury (New York City NY), 11 May 1767, "Removed from his Shop in the Fly, to the Rotten-Row, where he continues his Business, in 1767. The Shop he left is to Let." 4
- Cann, c 1770
Henry Luce III Center for the Study of American Culture
h: 9 1/4
d: 5" (base)
Engraved P S V R for Philip Schuyler Van Rensselaer.
- Creamer, c 1770
h: 4 1/2"
l: 6 1/4"
wt: 6 1/4 oz.
- He worked after 1796 as a gold- and silversmith in Philadelphia PA listed in city directory as a goldsmith. 4
Samuel married Susannah Margretta Clem on 6 Nov 1767 in New York City NY. (Susannah Margretta Clem was born about 1747 in New York City NY.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005