Edward Bass Towle
- Born: 24 Dec 1843, Newburyport MA
- Marriage (1): Sarah Augusta Tilton on 9 Oct 1872 in Newburyport MA
- Died: 8 Mar 1905, Newburyport MA
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Newburyport MA, listed as a silversmith's apprentice.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Newburyport MA, listed as a silversmith.
- He was a partner in 1873-1900 with Anthony Francis Towle in Newburyport MA as A. F. TOWLE & SON. This became the core of TOWLE SILVERSMITHS c 1882. 12
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Newburyport MA, listed as a silversmith.
- He appeared on the 1900 census taken at Newburyport MA, listed as a jeweler.
- He worked in 1901-1905 as a silversmith in Newburyport MA for the firm of MOULTON & LUNT.
- Obituary printed in the The Jewelers' Circular on 15 Mar 1905
Death of Edward B. Towle.
Newburyport, Mass., March 8. -- Edward B. Towle, an old silversmith and prominent resident of this city, passed away yesterday after a brief illness. Mr. Towle, who, at the time of his death, was employed by Moulton & Lunt at 40 State St., started for home, as he had not been feeling well, and on his way was stricken with heart trouble and became unconscious in the street. He expired shortly after being taken to his home.
Deceased was 62 years old, learned the silversmith's trade with his father, who was prominent in the craft, and later with his father and brother formed the firm of A.F. Towle & Sons, later the A.F. Towle & Sons Co., of which he became treasurer. The concern conducted business in Newburyport for some years, and then moved to Greenfield, Mass., where the company finally dissolved. After disposing of the business, the deceased returned to Newburyport and entered the employ of Joseph Moulton, remaining with that house until his death
Edward married Sarah Augusta Tilton on 9 Oct 1872 in Newburyport MA. (Sarah Augusta Tilton was born on 7 Mar 1844 in Newburyport MA.)