- Born: 28 May 1738, Boston MA
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth Hawke on 7 Apr 1760 in Boston MA
- Died: 3 Jan 1795, Boston MA
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked in 1765 as a silversmith in Boston MA 8
- Advertised in the Independent Chronicle, 1 Jul 1790,
"Josiah Flagg, senior, begs leave to acquaint the public, that he gilds in all the various colours and branches of gilding, Goblets, Cans, Urns, Cups, Watch-cases, Caneheads, Gorgets, Buckles, &c. &c. mends China by drilling, rivetting, hooping or otherwise. Makes enamelled Rings—Also executes, Copperplate Printing with unchangeable inks—Jewelry made and repaired perfectly neat— Hair devices elegantly finished for lockets &c. &c.—watch, locket and cane Strings, and Tassels wove with hair, equally to those imported &c. &c. Just published, and to be sold at the Post-Offices in all the New-England States, and at the several Watch and Mathematical Instrument-Makers in this town, and by the Engraver, J. FLAGG, A curious ALMANACK, calculated for a watch case, contained in quarterly circles, with the explanation, &c."
- Obituary printed in the Columbian Centinel in Jan 1795
Reported the death of "Josiah Flagg, Esq." of Boston.
Josiah married Elizabeth Hawke on 7 Apr 1760 in Boston MA. (Elizabeth Hawke was born in 1741 in Boston MA and died in 1816 in St Christopher West Indies.)