- Born: 6 Feb 1775, Preston CT
- Died: 1807, Norwalk CT
Events in his life were:
- Flynt & Fales:, . 3 Opened a shop on the meeting green in Canterbury in 1796. Opened a new shop at Norwich Landing, November 1804, offering a full range of goods warranted silver.
- Advertisement in the Norwich Currier by J. HUNTINGTON & Co. (Norwich CT), 26 Mar 1799
". . .Table and Tea Spoons made to any pattern by Abel Brewster of Canterbury, may be had of Huntington & Co., also orders for any kind of Goldsmith and Jewellry Articles left with them will be executed by said Brewster with neatness and dispatch."
- Advertised in the Norwich Courier (Norwich CT), 3 Apr 1799, "Table and Tea Spoons made to any pattern by Abel Brewster of Canterbury" offered by J. Huntington & Co. 3
- Advertised in the Norwich Courier (Norwich CT), 27 Feb 1805,
"A SUCCESSOR WANTED -- ABEL BREWSTER. Finding the care necessary in his business too great for the present state of his health, offers to dispose of his whole stock in Business consisting of Watches, Furnishing Materials, Jewelry, Silver and Fancy Work, Tools, &c, &c. He thinks the call highly worthy the attention of some Gentleman of the profession. Also for sale the house shop and garden formerly occupied by him and beautifully situated on Canterbury Green." 3
- Advertised in the Norwich Courier (Norwich CT), 3 Apr 1805,
"Having disposed of his business to Messrs. Judah Hart and Alvan Wilcox, he requests all persons indebted to him whose debts have become due to make immediate payment without further notice." 3