Edward Parmelee Bray
- Born: Abt 1830
- Marriage (1): Susan A. Manvel on 27 Jan 1853 in New Haven CT
Events in his life were:
- He worked before 1854 as a silverplater in Wallingford CT for the firm of G. I. MIX & Co.
- He was a partner on 1 May 1854-1 Sep 1854 with Jacob Dater in New York City NY as DATER, BRAY & Co. Though he withdrew from active managment in the firm, Dater retained his financial investment. 12
- He was a partner in 1856-1857 with John Q. Kellogg and Samuel Theodore Dauchy in New York City NY as BRAY, KELLOGG & Co., hardware dealers. 12
- He was a partner in 1857-1859 with Samuel Theodore Dauchy in New York City NY as BRAY & DAUCHY. The company was actually owned by Bray's father-in-law, Cyrus Manvel, but he remained a silent partner. Listed in the 1859 city directory as plated ware merchants at 41 Maiden Lane. 12
- He was a partner in 1859-1860 with William Cyrus Manvel, John E. Bray, and Samuel Theodore Dauchy in New York City NY as BRAY & MANVEL. Because of continuing financial liabilities following the dissolution of BRAY & DAUCHY, the firm was officially listed under the ownership of John Bray and Cyrus Manvel, though the business was conducted by Edward Bray and Samuel Dauchy. 12
- He was a partner on 6 Jan 1860-1 Oct 1860 with John E. Bray, Burr and Samuel Theodore Dauchy, and Roland Sollace in New York City NY as BRAY, SOLLACE & DAUCHY. The firm was a re-organization of BRAY & MANVEL; as before, the business was actually conducted by Edward Bray and Samuel Duachy. 12
- He was a partner on 1 Oct 1860-1 Jan 1861 with Samuel Theodore Dauchy and William L. Jaques in New York City NY as BRAY, DOUCHY & JAQUES. Having resolved their earlier obligations, the junior partners of BRAY, SOLLACE & DAUCHY took official control of the firm. 12
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Woodbridge NJ, listed as a merchant.
- He was a partner in 1861 with Joseph Merwin in New York City NY as MERWIN & BRAY, gun dealers. 12
Edward married Susan A. Manvel, daughter of William Cyrus Manvel and Mrs. Hannah Manvel, on 27 Jan 1853 in New Haven CT.