- Born: 30 Mar 1802, Wethersfield CT
Events in his life were:
- He worked circa 1827-1832 as a pewtersmith in Troy NY
- Advertised in the Troy Sentinel (Troy NY), 3 Jul 1827,
New Hardware Store
Joseph Curtiss having taken a store 10 rods south of E. & P. Dorlon's Fourth Ward House, River St., Troy, offers for sale. . . britannia tea-pots, plated and britannia spoons. . . coffee and teapots, pewter platters, plates, basins, porringers, tumblers, ladles, spoons, inkstands, cups, measures, syringes, bed and chair pans, together with many articles usually found in a Hardware Store.
- He worked in 1833-1858 as a pewtersmith in Albany NY
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Albany NY, listed as a pewterer.
- He appeared on the 1855 census taken at Albany NY, listed as a britannia ware manufacturer..