George L. Whittredge
- Born: 3 Dec 1823, Beverly MA
- Marriage (1): Hannah Ayers Collar on 10 Oct 1848 in Northfield MA
- Died: 5 Feb 1863, Dorchester MA
Cause of his death was suicide.
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed before 1837 to John H. Sweet in Boston MA
- Exhibition and Fair of the Massachusetts Charitable Mechanic Association, 13 Sep 1837.
"George Whittridge, William E. Gould, John Henry Allen, Asa L. Loring, George H. Loring, and Samuel Doane,
Apprentices of John H. Sweet, Boston. One Case, containing Twelve Specimens of Jewelry. The specimens of rings, pins, bracelets, &c, exhibited by these Apprentices, are highly creditable to them ; evincing mechanical skill, and a disposition to excel, that deserve encouragement. The articles made by G. H. and A. L. Loring, were of a superior quality of workmanship. To each, a Diploma."
- He worked circa 1845 as a jeweler in Boston MA as a member of J. H. SWEET & Co.
- He worked circa 1850-1860 as a jeweler in Boston MA
Listed in the 1850 city directory at 7 Court Avenue and 116 Washington Street by 1858.
George married Hannah Ayers Collar, daughter of Unknown and Unknown, on 10 Oct 1848 in Northfield MA. (Hannah Ayers Collar was born on 21 Jan 1824 in Boston MA and died on 21 Oct 1906 in Dorchester MA.)