- Born: 8 May 1823, East Hartford CT
- Marriage (1): Clarinda Grant on 20 Nov 1844 in New Britain CT
- Died: 23 Aug 1889, Hartford CT
Events in his life were:
- He worked circa 1845-1865 as a metalsmith in Hartford CT
Though cited as a silversmith during this period, it's apparent that Fox was a general metalsmith, producing tin, pewter, and silverplated goods from a small shop next to his home. The inventory of the full contents of the shop found in the East Hartford Land Records dated January 20, 1868, reads, “17 Rolls of Stock about 1,300 lbs. in the front of Store also 15 Rolls of Stock 1000 lbs. in Back Room together with 500 lbs scrapes or cuttings. 5 shelves of wooden chucks. 3 Lathes in Running order, one Large Press & Die, One Small Press & Dies, One Drop Press & Dies, One Large Press Down Seller, Two Squaring Shears, One Small Laze Folding Machine, One Drop Press down below, 2 Melting Kettles, also Sett of Copper or Brass Molds for Castings.”
On 28 January 1868, he sold his works to his son-in-law, Horace B. Olmstead, and moved to Bellow Falls, where he established a jewelry store.
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Hartford CT, listed as a tinner.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Hartford CT, listed as a manufacturing tinner.
- He worked circa 1865-1870 as a jeweler in Hockanum, Hampshire, MA
- He worked circa 1870 as a jeweler in Bellows Falls VT
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Rockingham VT, listed as a jeweler.
- He worked circa 1880 as a jeweler in Hartford CT
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Hartford CT, listed as a jeweler.
Dudley married Clarinda Grant on 20 Nov 1844 in New Britain CT. (Clarinda Grant was born on 20 Nov 1827 in Wapping CT.)