- Born: 1766, Fairfield CT
- Christened: 10 Aug 1766, Fairfield CT
- Marriage (1): Mary Duyckinck on 19 Jul 1788 in New York City NY
- Died: 7 Nov 1816, New York City NY
Silversmith and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed circa 1781-1785 to Joseph Hall in Albany NY
- He worked circa 1789-1795 as a silversmith and watchmaker in New York City NY
- Advertised in the American Telegraph (New York City NY), 13 May 1795,
Gold & Silversmith,
Takes this method of informing his
friends and the public in general,
that that he has removed from New-York
to Newfield, where he carries on
CLOCK & WATCHMAKING
and all the various branches of the Silversmith
business, and hopes by his abilities in the
above business, to merit the approbation
of the public.
An Apprentice wanted to the above business
- He worked after 13 May 1795 as a silversmith and watchmaker in Newfield NY
- He worked circa 1796-1801 as a silversmith and watchmaker in New York City NY
- Albany Centennial, 2 Feb 1802, Albany NY.
Declared an insolvent debtor in a petition dated 3 Dec 1801, brought by his father-in-law and others in New York City.
- He worked circa 1808-1815 as a silversmith and gilder in New York City NY
Listed in Langworth's American Almanac for 1808 at 174 Williams Street.
Drew married Mary Duyckinck on 19 Jul 1788 in New York City NY. (Mary Duyckinck died before 1803.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005