Julius Chauncy Francis
- Born: 27 Feb 1785, Wethersfield CT
- Died: 23 Sep 1858, Middletown CT
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Advertised in the Middlesex Gazette (Middleton MA), 8 Jul 1806, "Watch and Clock Makers Inform the public they carry on business at their Shop eight rods south of the Bank, and directly opposite the Collector's Office, offer for sale silver table, dessert, tea and salt spoons . . . silver sugar tongs. silver thimbles, gold beads. ear rings, watch chains . . . All orders in their line of business will be punctually attended to. Cash paid for old gold, silver, copper and brass." 3
- Advertised in the Middletown Gazette (Middleton MA), 7 Apr 1807, offering a great variety of English, French, and Swiss watches, scissors, pen knives, and pocketbooks, as well as similar items previously advertised. 3
- Advertised in the Middletown Gazette (Middleton MA), 11 May 1809, noting co-partnership "will be dissolved on first day of June next. All indebted are earnestly requested to make payment."
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Middletown CT, listed as a silversmith.