Thomas Simpson Spear
- Born: 19 Jan 1825, Bloomfield NJ
- Marriage (1): Sarah Matilda Dodd on 20 May 1846 in Bloomfield NJ
- Died: 2 Dec 1895, Columbus GA
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- He worked circa 1845-1857 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Bloomfield NJ
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Newark NJ, listed as a jewelry man.
- He worked in 1858-1880 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Columbus GA
- Advertised in the Columbus Enquirer (Columbus GA), 26 Jun 1858, that he was the ". . . succeessor to S. B. Purple, Purple's Old Stand, Jones Building. . ."
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Columbus GA, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at nances, Muscogee, GA, listed as a jeweler and watchmaker.
Thomas married Sarah Matilda Dodd on 20 May 1846 in Bloomfield NJ. (Sarah Matilda Dodd was born on 16 Sep 1827 in Bloomfield NJ and died on 19 Aug 1887.)