- Born: 1703, England
- Marriage (1): Mrs. Anthony Lamb
- Died: 1784, New York City NY
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed about 1716 to Henry Carter in London England
- London England, 1724: he left his master and became an accomplice of Jack Sheppard, one of the most noted burglars in history. Sheppard died on the gallows at Tyburn Prison in November 1724, but because it was his only offense, Anthony Lamb was sentenced to be transported to the American Colonies. He served out his time in Virginia and then settled in New York City.
- He worked circa 1730-1750 as an instrument maker in New York City NY
- Master to John Lamb c 1748-1750 in New York City NY.
- He was a partner in 1750-1760 with John Lamb in New York City NY as A. LAMB & SON.
Anthony married Mrs. Anthony Lamb.
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005