- Born: 10 Oct 1791, Ipswich MA
- Marriage (1): Adeline Lincoln on 6 Oct 1831
- Died: 26 Feb 1872, Cambridge MA
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed in 1805-1807 to Isaac Dodge Treadwell in Newburyport MA
Following is brother's failure, he went to Boston to train under Jesse Churchill.
- He was a partner circa 1810-1813 with Jesse Churchill in Boston MA as CHURCHILL & TREADWELL, with a shop at 88 Newbury Street in Boston. 4
- Jug by CHURCHILL & TREADWELL, c 1810
h: 9 1/2"
wt: 27.5 oz.
Engraved "Benjamin and Judith Bussey"
- Wine cooler, c 1813
Mead Art Museum
h: 9 9/16"
w: 8 1/2"
Engraved "Sepr 10th 1813 / Signalized our first triumph in squadron / A very superior British Force on Lake Erie / was entirely subdued by / Com. O. H. Perry / whose gallantry in action is equalled only / by his humility in victory"
- Boston MA, 1813:
Preferring to experiment with mechanical devices, he set aside his trade after the end of his partnership with Jesse Churchill. He patented a power printing press in 1826 and by 1835 had secured several patents for his machines for spinning hemp.
- Appointed in 1829 as President of the Boston Mechanics Institute in Boston MA
- Appointed in 1834-1845 as Rumford Professor at Harvard University, in Boston MA
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Cambridge MA, listed as an engineer.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Cambridge MA, listed as a retired manufacturer.
Daniel married Adeline Lincoln on 6 Oct 1831. (Adeline Lincoln was born on 24 May 1804 in Hingham MA and died on 27 May 1885 in Boston MA.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005