- Born: 24 Mar 1778, Springfield MA
- Marriage (1): Hannah Fairbanks on 18 Feb 1801
- Died: 10 May 1860, Middletown CT
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Flynt & Fales:, . 3 Captain of Militia for many years. With son-in-law, Edwin Stearns, gave land and helped build Universalist Church of Middletown. Member of St. John's Lodge F & A.M. where his silver was used. Silver spoons and communion beakers are found in Middletown, Durham and nearby communities.
- He was a partner on 16 Oct 1800-21 Sep 1803 with Judah Hart in Middletown CT as HART & BREWER offering clockmaking, watch repairing, gold- and silver-smithing work in shop north of printing office. Moved Dec. 1801 to a shop across from new meetinghouse. 3
- He was a partner on 28 Oct 1803-Apr 1805 with Alexander Mann in Middlefield CT as BREWER & MANN 3
- He worked Apr 1805-aft 1850 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Middlefield CT with listing in New England Merchantile Union Business Directory, 1849. 4
- Advertised in the Middlesex Gazette (Middlefield CT), 21 Feb 1806, for watches; "makes and has on hand Gold Beads, Silver table-spoons and teaspoons. Returns thanks for patronage." 3
- Advertised in the Middlefield Gazette (Middlefield CT), Jul 1806-Jun 1816, offering watches and varied assortment of merchandise (no mention of silver). 3
- He worked circa 1810-1815 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Middletown CT as CHARLES BREWER & Co. The mark shown may be CLEMENT BEECHER & Co.
- Masonic jewels, c 1812
St John's Lodge Middletown CT 14
- He was a partner in 1824-1825 with Jared L. Moore in New York City NY as MOORE & BREWER, with a shop at 144 Chatham. 4
- He was a partner in 1834-1835 with Henry Salisbury in Middletown CT as BREWER & SALISBURY. 4
- He worked after 1835 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Middletown CT
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Middletown CT, listed as a jeweler.
Charles married Hannah Fairbanks on 18 Feb 1801. (Hannah Fairbanks was born on 28 Sep 1777 in Middletown CT and died on 24 May 1855 in Middletown CT.)