- Born: 11 May 1770, , Baltimore, MD
Silversmith (tentative identification)
Events in his life were:
- He worked in 1790-1805 as a silversmith in Philadelphia PA 4
- Advertised in the Federal Gazette, 24 Oct 1796,
"Goldsmith, jeweller, and hair-worker, at No. 44 Market street."
- Creamer, c 1800
h: 6 1/2"
- Advertised in the Pennsylvania Packet (Philadelphia PA), 29 Sep 1800, announcing "Joshua Dorsey, Gold and Silversmith, Has removed from No. 44, Market street, to No. 113, north Second street, opposite Lesher's tavern, where he continues the above business in all its branches, and solicits the patronage of his friends." 4
- Advertised in the General Advisor (Philadelphia PA), 21 Nov 1800, offering silver, jewelry, and hairwork. 4