- Born: 1770, Boston MA
- Christened: 18 Mar 1770, Boston MA
- Marriage (1): Faith Stowell on 12 Jan 1802 in Worcester MA
- Died: 11 Sep 1850
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Alternate Mark the attribution is open -- this may be the mark of John Ridgway.
- He worked in 1789-1793 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Boston MA with a shop on Friend Street. 3
- He worked in 1793 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Groton MA 3
- He worked in 1793-1803 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Worcester MA 3
- Advertised in the The Massachusetts Spy (Worcester MA), Aug 1793-Sep 1793, "James Ridgway, goldsmith and jeweller from Boston, respectfully informs his friends and the public that he has moved his shop lately occupied by Mr. T. S. Eayres, nearly opposite the Court House in Worcester. . . " 3
- He was a partner in 1817-1819 with John Rockwood in Keene NH as RIDGWAY & ROCKWOOD. The shop was purchased by Samuel Allen Gerould in 1819.
- He worked in 1820-1834 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Springfield NH
- Watch paper
James married Faith Stowell, daughter of Abel Stowell and Relief Jennison, on 12 Jan 1802 in Worcester MA. (Faith Stowell was born on 9 Nov 1782 in Worcester MA and died on 6 Dec 1856.)